Monday, December 29, 2014

The Queen of Zombie Hearts Review: Ali

I am a slayer.
I hunt zombies throughout the night.
I'm the one who grants the undead peace.

But I'm also hunting Anima Industries.
They're trying to find a way to "cure everything".
But experimenting on zombies isn't the way to go.

Anima has been killing people along the way.
Killing my friends.
Trying to kill me.

I'm going to put an end to Anima.
To their kidnapping, torturing, and death-leading ways.
An end to their zombie projects.

I am Ali Bell.


Book: The Queen of Zombie Hearts
Author: Gena Showalter
Series: The White Rabbit Chronicles 
Book status: Book 3 (final)
Setting: Birmingham, Alabama
POV: Ali, first person
Genre: YA action, romance, horror (sort of)

Reading: first time
Favorite line: "If you can, get your butts back here. If you can't, hide and call me. If you lose your phones, don't panic. I'll find you. Whatever it takes."
Rating: 4 stars





Ali, oh Ali. She has an interesting mindset in this book. Not that it's bad, it's just...unexpected. Enough of that. She's still the same awesome fighter and loyal friend, through and through!


For starters, anyone who has the title "slayer" is automatically awesome. Ali is no exception: she's hardcore, able to fight with daggers, guns, axes, hands, even pens. But what I really like about Ali is concern for her friends. It's proved especially in this book, when every all of her slayer friends are all individually put at risk. Ali doesn't stop looking for her friends, defying whatever anyone else tells her. Nothing stands between her and the safety of her friends, not even logic itself. If a friend's life on the line, Ali has no issue going solo, even if it's a really stupid idea to go out alone.

Of course, the fact that she doesn't really care much about her own well-being and safety is a flaw of hers, but it lets her make selfless (if sometimes somewhat dumb) decisions. Things get done and Ali finds out information because of it. And I appreciate things like that.

Highlight the bottom paragraph, as it's spoilery, else skip down...

But what I really want to ask: WHAT WAS WITH THAT ENDING??? I mean, what was the point of her losing her memory? I just didn't get it. And clearly, Frosty is depressed. He's going to do something stupid. Stupid! UGH.

If there's ever a zombie apocalypse, you can bet that I'll be calling Ali. 

No comments:

Post a Comment