Sunday, June 28, 2015

Summer Reader Book Tag

The lovely Caro at Just Another Bookish Blog tagged me to do the Summer Reader Book Tag! Thank you so much, Caro! :)

1. Lemonade: A book that started out bitter but got better.
I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore. It took a while for the exciting stuff to happen, but once it did, I whipped through the book at record speed!

2. Golden Sun: A book that made you smile beyond compare.
Paranormalcy by Kiersten White. Evie's snark and wit had me grinning the entire book!

3. Tropical Flowers: A book set in a foreign country.
Daughter of Smoke & Bone, by Laini Taylor. It's set in Prague, Czech Republic. How's that for foreign?

4. Tree Shade: A book in which a mysterious or shady character is introduced.
In terms of "mysterious," that's practically every paranormal book with a male interest. But I'm going to go with Morpheus, from A. G. Howard's Splintered series. Dark, mysterious, maybe a little shady, as his intents aren't quite clear throughout the book.  But that doesn't make me love him any less.

5. Beach Sand: A book in which the plot was grainy, and just barely developed.
Hmm...there are a few books out there that I did not like, but that doesn't necessarily  mean that the plot wasn't developed. It just wasn't developed to my own personal liking...

6. Green Grass: Pick a character full of life, that made you smile.
Robin Goodfellow (aka Puck) from Julie Kagawa's Iron Fey series. He is lively, full of mischief, and had me laughing out loud with every line he said.

7. Watermelon: A book with juicy secrets.
Gates of Thread and Stone by Lori L. Lee. Because it turns out that everyone has an earth-shattering secret.

8. Sun Hat: Pick a book with a wide universe/setting.
City of Glass by Cassandra Clare. Because we finally get to see Shadowhunters from all over the world converging together! Proof that Institutes are, in fact, everywhere.

9. BBQ: A character that was portrayed as a hunk.
SO MANY CHOICES. I'm going to have to go with Daemon Black, from Jennifer L. Armentrout's Lux series. Because right off the bat, everyone knows that he is HOT.

As there are no official tagging rules, I'm tagging anyone who wants to do it! :)

Happy reading, guys!

6 comments:

  1. Awesome!! Good choices, too! :) I agree with the Lemonade one a lot!
    Thanks for linking to my blog, too! Thats so great of you! ^-^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, no need to thank me. I should be thanking you for tagging me in the first place! :)

      Delete
  2. We are seriously soul sister's, I've just come to congratulate you as I tagged you in the Bookish Academy Tag and we've spoke about the same books ;) We have the best taste clearly.. anyway congrats sistaa! <3

    Here's the page link: http://literary-lyobsessed.blogspot.co.uk/2015/06/bookish-academy-tag.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, we totally have the best taste in books! I'll get to the tag right away :D Thanks so much!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Haha, thank you! You're more than welcomed to do it too, if you have the time! :)

      Delete